First time poster...

24 Posts
9 Users
1 Likes
 RC86
(@rc86)
Topic starter  

Hi David,

Have messaged you regarding getting a blank balance sheet to fill in as much details as possible before getting a meeting!

ReplyQuote
TDA (Debt Adviser)
(@tda-debt-adviser)
Illustrious Member

Good for you RC86.

Hopefully tomorrow will be the start of something very positive for you.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds

ReplyQuote
 RC86
(@rc86)
Topic starter  

Quick update,

Met up with David yesterday and have set the ball rolling on a trust deed. Everything was explained in detail, pros cons etc. For myself it is definitely the best situation, just need to sit tight and hope it is accepted! Like everyone on here it’s something I wish I had done years ago!

ReplyQuote
Paul McDougall
(@paul-mcdougall)
Member Moderator

Fab news!

Glad David was able to assist. Sounds like all the information has been presented in order for you to make an informed decision.

P

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed

ReplyQuote
 RC86
(@rc86)
Topic starter  

Hello all,

When I originally posted this just over four years ago I was finally about to take the plunge and address the mess that my finances were in. Looking at the options at the time a trust deed looked the best solution and I signed up for my four years worth of payments.

The last four years have went by relatively quickly, and I am pleased to say that I paid my last trust deed payment on the 1st of February this month. The aib website has me noted as debtor discharged on the 5/2/24. I have received a copy of the final report to creditors letter from my trustee and this also noted my discharge date but haven’t had the official form 5 as yet. Does anyone know how long that roughly takes to arrive?

I’ve had a fairly straightforward TD as I did not have to contact my trustee about anything major in regards to any problems with income etc. I have filled in my income and expenses sheets every six months as required, which were all fairly straightforward.

I did not own a house and moved from one rental property to another about a year ago. At the time I was upfront and mentioned my trust deed right away and they thought I may have had to pay three months rent in advance rather than one to compensate but thankfully everything went through ok as needed. Looking forward to cleaning up and rebuilding my credit rating, with the aim of getting a mortgage in the next five years.

If anyone is lurking on the forums looking for advice or worried about what to do next, don’t hesitate to speak to one of the advisors. I had only wished I had done a couple of years prior to actually doing so!

ReplyQuote
(@paulp)
Reputable Member

Hi RC86, thanks for coming back and sharing your update. I'm sure for many people visiting the forum, seeing the journey from your first post, to this one, will be a real encouragement.

ReplyQuote
 RC86
(@rc86)
Topic starter  

@paulp thanks, hope it gives some people the encouragement to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel!

ReplyQuote
Kevin Mapstone
(@kevin-mapstone)
Member Admin

HI RC86 - sorry, I just noticed your question about the Form 5.  You should have received this at around the same time as the Register being updated with your discharge date - maybe give your trustee firm a quick call to check where it is.

Scottish Debt Solutions Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed or Debt Arrangement Scheme plan.

ReplyQuote
 RC86
(@rc86)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @kevin-mapstone

HI RC86 - sorry, I just noticed your question about the Form 5.  You should have received this at around the same time as the Register being updated with your discharge date - maybe give your trustee firm a quick call to check where it is.

Hi Kevin,

Gave them a call and they sent me an email with a copy of the form 5 and it arrived in the post a couple of days later. My form 6 arrived the same day too!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: