Helping Scots with Debt Since 2007
Our forum also enables people to share their personal experiences and offer other members some support during worrying times.
If you contact our debt advice team, you’ll speak with a fully qualified debt adviser, giving you confidence and trust over the advice we provide..
- Kevin Mapstone – A fully qualified and practising Insolvency Practitioner.
- Paul McDougall – An experienced Insolvency professional who passed the Personal Insolvency Practitioner Exams in 2018.
We don’t just provide advice about protected trust deeds in Scotland. We’re equally qualified and able to assist you with other types of debt solutions including:
Citations and Endorsments
Trust-Deed.co.uk is often cited as a trustworthy and authoritative source of expert Scottish debt advice and information.
Who Operates this Website?
AMI Financial Solutions Limited owns and operates Trust-Deed.co.uk. We are fully authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority to provide debt counselling and debt adjusting services. You can check our regulatory status and contact information on the Financial Services Register.
- We are located at: Unit 1017, Mile End Mill, Abbey Mill Business Centre, 12 Seedhill Road, Paisley, PA1 1JS.
- You can also contact us via our web enquiry form.
We are also registered with the Information Commissioner for data protection purposes.
Our regulatory compliance is the personal responsibility of Mr Paul Padaruth.
History and Milestones
- Following the launch in 2007, the website’s popularity grew quickly.
- In 2009 Kevin Mapstone joined our team of experts. He remains on our panel of external experts.
- In 2010 we conducted a unique survey of our website’s visitors. The survey focussed on protected trust deeds and debt advice in Scotland more generally. The (sometimes shocking) results of the 2010 survey were featured in The Herald. They were also included in a presentation to the Scottish insolvency industry by the President of R3 (an association of insolvency professionals).
- In 2012 we commissioned an independent survey of our visitors about the forthcoming Bankruptcy Law Reforms in Scotland. You can read the revealing full results here (PDF) and the executive summary here (PDF).
- 96% of Trust-Deed.co.uk users participating in this survey reported satisfaction with Trust-Deed.co.uk. More than 50% of our users rated our website as “excellent”.
- In 2011 we joined Twitter. We also contributed to the House of Commons Business, Innovation and Skills Committee’s investigation into debt management.
- 2015 and 2016 were a period of change for the UK’s debt advice industry. Our new regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority, worked hard to improve standards of debt advice throughout the UK. Trust-Deed.co.uk successfully secured authorisation to continue offering debt advisory services.
- In 2019 Paul McDougall joined our team of external forum experts.
- In 2022, AMI Financial Solutions took over the ownership and operation of the site. As a trusted, impartial home for information around debt solutions in Scotland, it was important to ensure the continuity of the site, and AMI were in a position to provide this.
- In December 2022 the site was entirely rebuilt the a new look and upgraded forum software to improve the user experience.